[linux-audio-user] Re: transcribing software?

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 23:40:32 EET

Atte Andr? Jensen:
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] transcribing software?
> To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
>
> Josh Lawrence wrote:
>
>> http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html
>
> I prefer open source software too. But this one is very good, actually
> it's the only commercial software I run on my computer! I've been using
> it for 4 years, it was the last thing I ran in wine before the linux
> version came.

I agree. I have used it too. Its excellent. And the genious thing
about it is not hidden in the code, but visible in the user interface,
so maybe someone will make an open source alternative, it shouldn't be
that much work. It doesn't work with jack (or jacklaunch) either, so an
open source alternative is really needed.