[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 136

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 20:34:38 EET

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 05:24:23AM -0500, linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:19:42 +0100
> From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] uc33 usb midi + midi gear
> To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
>
> Chris McCormick wrote:
> > I am having a perplexing problem with some midi gear. I have a TR-505 drum
> > machine's midi out connected via midi cable to a uc33 midi controller's
> > midi in.
>
> If you have a program that does not support ALSA MIDI ports (like PD),

PD does actually support alsa, and my issue was that I was using it
incorrectly. I always found the ALSA docs a bit confusing with regards
to midi but with the help of someone off-list I sorted it out. For
anyone else who has alsa/midi/puredata problems, remember to start pd
with -alsamidi and then run aconnect or whatever to connect yr midi
devices to puredata's midi in ports.

Best,

Chris.

chris@email-addr-hidden