Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [LAM] Music made with linux

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 09:53:42 EET

--- "Kjetil S. Matheussen" <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> Gene Heskett:
> >On Tuesday 21 March 2006 01:53, Kjetil S.
> Matheussen wrote:
> >>This is a cover of Dolly Partons song "Coat of
> many colors".

>>http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~kjetil/music/CoatOfManyColors.ogg
> >
> >Here at any rate, this is not listenable at all,
> sounding like an AM
> >radio station from 500 miles away in the middle of
> the night. I don't
> >think its supposed to sound like that is it? This
> is with both krun
> >and xmms trying to play it.
>
> It does not sound like the original recording by
> dolly parton, but
> not like an AM radio station either. The sound is
> supposed to be very rich
> and powerfull, but I guess it depends on the
> listener. Try to turn
> up the volume.

We have an inhouse band, Hell Salmon, that gathers
around a case of beer on the occasional Friday nite.
The Salmon would appreciate your production. I like
the slower tempo with the "death" sounding vocal. It's
a heck of a contrast to Dolly. lol

The sound I prefer is hard rock with pop music
precision that's achieved with a click track and live
players. I love the feel of live players and the rich
full ranged tones of a drum kit.

I had fun listening,

ron