Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: POLL: Marketing Free Music

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 13:42:42 EET

On Tue, 21 Mar, 2006 at 06:50AM +0000, tim hall spake thus:
> Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>
> I tend to subscribe to the relativistic position. But I'm not sure about
> that. I defend my and other people's right to make up our own minds on
> these issues. I'm sure if there was a nice pat solution we'd have given
> it a decent shot by now.

I can't help but feel relativism is a big cop out.

Don't take this the wrong way - I'd have to describe myself as a
relativist, nihilist and existentialist. All at once.

And with all that, I suppose you have to throw postmodern in there
too.

It's the big cosmic joke, that all of these things we've created (from
society to gestures like waving goodbye) are arbitrary and yet we can
argue and kill each other over them.

Okay, I'm not adding to the discussion, just showing off some big
words.

James

> cheers,
>
> tim hall