Re: [linux-audio-user] novation remote 25 usb midi controller

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 15:51:06 EET

Sebastian Gutsfeld wrote:
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>>Do you or anyone else have anything to say about updating firmware on
>>these devices?
> I recently updated my firmware to 2.3.0.3. Just download
> http://www.novationmusic.com/files/ReMOTEOS2303.zip, activate "New O/S
> from USB" in the "global" menu and send the SYSEX with amidi. Restart
> the remote25 and you're done. To see the full OS version number press the
> F4 key while switching it on.

This doesn't appear to be working for me ... I got the file from
novation and unzipped it. amidi -l shows the remote 25 as hw:0,0,0. I
went to "new o/s from usb" in "global" as you said. The display says to
press write. I press write, it says "waiting new o/s". Then I send it with:
amidi -p hw:0,0,0 -s ReMOTE2303.syx

The ReMOTE says "RCVE 2.3.03" ... but then just sits there. The print
manual I have says it's supposed to display a % complete status and then
prompt for the reboot, but that doesn't happen.

If I reboot, I'm still at 1.0.05.

hmm ... maybe something's funky with the laptop's usb ports ... I just
tried the whole thing on the other port and now I get to "RCVE 2.3.03
00%". So, the % complete message shows up now, but doesn't progress.

Is amidi supposed to return right away, or should it keep running until
the ReMOTE has finished?

Thanks,
Eric Rz.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Is it possible that my OS is too old to update properly? i.e. maybe I
need an intermediate version first ....