Re: [linux-audio-user] novation remote 25 usb midi controller

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 04:18:03 EET

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>Sebastian Gutsfeld wrote:
>>>Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> It should keep running until the entire file has been sent.
>
> It may be possible that the old firmware doesn't manage the full speed
> that can be achieved with USB. Try routing the MIDI data through a real
> MIDI cable so that it's throttled to the standard MIDI data rate.

This worked fine with the ReMOTE 25 connected to midi/joystick port on
my ymfpci based card in my main audio PC. For other's reference holding
down f2,f3 & f4 while switching the unit on brings up the load o/s from
midi option. Pressing write puts the device in wait mode, then amidi can
send the sysex. After restarting again I now have it updated to firmware
2.3.03.

Thanks everyone.

-edrz