Re: [linux-audio-user] Rain

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 23:24:46 EET

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:11:12 +0100
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Folderol. No Problemo. Thats a really nice tune, and sent shivers down my
> spine. The sort of thing you get from minor keys. I can hear some
> Russian/East European influence in it. Where are you from? Nigel.
>
> BTW. It is about time you made these available in .ogg as well, for us Linux
> addicts.

Hi Nigel.

I really am very glad you like this. I'm actually from the UK, but am
half-German - a long story!

Unwittingly I exposed myself to a unusually wide range of music as a
child, so there are all sorts of influences in my compositions.

In the middle and late 1950s radios were extremely expensive and quite
rare. I was just cutting my teeth on electronics at that time, and was
actually given, yes given, radios to repair and maybe keep for a while.
As I was a very poor sleeper I used to spend much of the night
searching the dial for foreign stations. Music always attracted me so I
was lulled to sleep by some of the worlds best composers :)