Re: [linux-audio-user] Sharing samples via P2P

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 16:43:26 EET

On Fri March 24 2006 09:19, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> As an example, zipping or rarring then and later changing
> extension of the file to .lau would make simple to locate them
> via a search on a P2P server.

I think it would be more helpful to prepend .lau to the suffix,
so that for example we have "cello-pudding.lau.zip" out there
enabling people to find it when they're looking for LAU but
allow other people to participate too.

Or we could adopt a "when in Rome" approach and stick [LAU] in
the filename like pirate groups do. That might actually help
eventually in establishing a "brand" and getting lots of people
to help seed this stuff because they'll know it's good.

Rob