[linux-audio-user] battery strangeness

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 25 2006 - 00:11:37 EET

Hi

I have a laptop that runs debian/stable with a homemade 2.6.15.6-rt21. I
use it live with csound5.Two days ago I was at a rehearsal where I
forgot my power supply. Everything ran fine except 2 things:

1) I have a csound instrument that reads the interval between taps and
writes a percentage of that to the delay time of a global delay (code
attached). That was totally screwed up, and taps would translate to
something 2-3 times faster.

2) At the end of the rehearsal the clock of my laptop was late (I think,
maybe it was early) by something like 30-45 minutes. Normally the clock
is just fine and I set if from rdate every hour, so It had dropped over
30 minutes while running about two hours on battery.

A related issue: Today I was watching an avi-file in xine, during which
the powerchord popped out. Suddenly the audio became chopped up as if
the computer couldn't keep up. Putting the cable back in didn't change
anything. But after loggin out/in of X (and keeping the power chord in
place) everything was fine again.

What on earth...???? I'm clueless. I have disabled frequency scaling in
the kernel, and the system is quite sleek running openbox and a
minimalistic install. Any ideas as to where I should look would be
appreciated.

BTW: All behaviour is reproducable. I didn't, however reproduce the
clock strangeness from 2)...

Here are my .config and the tapping csound macro:

http://www.atte.dk/download/.config
http://www.atte.dk/download/tap_tempo.macro

--
peace, love & harmony