Re: [linux-audio-user] Sharing samples via P2P

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 13:19:43 EEST

carmen escribe:
> i know freesound is integrated into PD in this manner, via an
> external. the basic API can be fairly simple...i might even write
> something lke this up for my own use soon, and of course will put up
> the source..

Indeed freesound is very nice, it supports tags and it's very fast to
browse. The pity is that it only supports wave files, where we'd like
(I guess) to share also software synthesizer programs, soundfonts,
etc.

P2P was ok for me because I thought it wasn't important having to wait
a week to get something interesting. Obviously if you all prefer the
want-it-now approach a web site is fundamental, but then you have to
pay for the hosting and the bandwidth...

For me labelling the files as [LAU] and putting them in my shared
folder is enough. Later if a web site wants to monitor [LAU] labbeled
files and put ed2k links on a web page then great!

Cordially, Ismael

--
mí, myself et moi http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivalladt/