RE: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010 S/PDIF Output

From: Ken Smith <kens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 00:59:49 EEST

> > Hi, Is there some magic setting I need to get the S/PDIF output on a
> > Delta 1010 to work under Linux? Or is that not supported in the driver
> > right now? It works with the M-Audio Windows driver - so the hardware is
> > basically OK.
>
> I had it working with 1010LT but I don't know if 1010 is somehow different
> ALSA-wise. What device you are trying to use? Spdif has its own
> device in the asoundrc. Try aplay -L (or -l) to see what devices are
> listed.

Thanks for the replies and apologies for my delay responding. I think that
the 1010 and 1010LT are basically similar in this respect. I have read that
the S/PDIF out does work to some extent - but not in my system currently. My
research did lead me to this bug report:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1806

(Click through the certificate and open the bug archive as a guest.)

Which says that S/PDIF is somewhat broken in the driver - but fixed in the
current CVS.

As I'm using a CCRMA system I'd prefer to build ALSA as an RPM - so I'd
better brush up on my spec files....

Ken