RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Tascam US-122 and Debian

From: karsten wiese <annabellesgarden@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 20:37:19 EEST

--- Björn Lindström <bkhl@email-addr-hidden> schrieb:

> "hard off" <hard.off@email-addr-hidden>:
>
> > it sounds like you're nearly there. i also have a us-122 running on
> > debian (ubuntu), and it was pretty finnicky to make it all work.
> >
> > can't really see where you're going wrong, but as far as i remember i
> > didn't run usx2yloader as root.
> >
> > did you try just running usx2yloader without the 'sudo' command?
>
> That gives the exact same result. Anyway, that shouldn't make any
> difference, since the error
>
> usx2yloader: error in loading /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/us122.rbt
>
> indicates that something goes wrong in reading the us122.rbt
> file. That's why I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what
> version of alsa-firmware they have successfully used with US-122.

I think, there is only 1 firmware version.

Above error message means:
"usx2yloader can't transfer the firmware to the us122"
So it could be a USB problem.
I once had such USB problem with a VIA chipset mobo.
things didn't work, until i connected my us428 to the other USB connector.

Does
    $ dmesg
say something?
what kind of motherboard do you use?