Re: [linux-audio-user] regarding the 2nd Book Of Linux Music & Sound

From: David L. Craig <dlc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 14:52:35 EEST

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 06:21:15AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

> 1. Is there a real need for another book such as the The Book Of Linux
> Music & Sound ?

I (and your publisher) think there is. Indeed, I think the need is greater now than it was for the first edition. I've been waiting a while now.

> 2. If so, would I be wise to ignore the 2.4 kernel series ? (It would
> make it easier to ignore material re: OSS/Free)

I think so. You can always refer people to the first edition with the
caveat that it is dated.

> Btw, this is the last hurrah for this project. If I don't take it now
> I won't be taking it on at all. I have a life, it's pretty full, and
> committing to this edition would be a major disruption. I can guarantee
> that it would be the last book I'll ever write.

Please, Dave. You did such a great job with the first edition and I
can't think of anyone better suited and qualified to revise it.

--
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!
Dave Craig