Re: [linux-audio-user] midi note numbers

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 20:19:55 EEST

Hallo,
Atte André Jensen hat gesagt: // Atte André Jensen wrote:

> 1) am I right that the midi note number goes from 0 to 127?

Yes.

> 2) which note name corresponds to 0? C0? C-1?

I don't know note names, I'm a computer musician, however generally
midi note 69 is supposed to be 440Hz which is something with the
letter "a" in it, in whatever case.

I don't know, if this is in the Midi spec, but it's a convention that
is followed in at least Max, Pd, Csound and everything else I know.

Ciao