Re: [linux-audio-user] midi note numbers

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 00:23:50 EEST

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 23:10 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > Computers count from zero. Always have, always will.
>
> yes, of course, I know.
>
> But it is possible to hide this in user interfaces. IMHO the machines
> have to serve the humans, not the other way around.
>
> How many mails are you reading right now, 0 or 1 ;-) ?

Well, 1. But an array of size 1 has only one element - array[0] ;-)

<rant>

I agree with you that programmers are terrible at interface design.
It's the main reason I refuse to get a cell phone, because I have yet to
see one that shows any sign of having been through a usability program.
I can pick up a random cell phone and usually find a jaw-dropping,
laugh-out-loud usability bug within a minute (most often a screen with
no obvious way to get out). It's as if they just have the coders design
the interface.

I am looking forward to the Apple iPhone...

</rant>

Lee