[linux-audio-user] Demudi can connect to the internet

From: baldobe <baldobe2000@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 01:58:33 EEST

I am trying to connect to the internet using a debian distro but I can not
even connect to my router.

I have 3 other debian based distros on the same machine that are all able to
connect.

I tried to go into the router via telnet but when I type in the router
address 198.168.1.1 I get the reply that is was unable to establish a
connection.

I also went into my /etc/resolv.conf file, which I had to create, and
entered the primary and secondary DNS addresses.
and set nameserver to the above router address.

I have had a look at Linux.org beginers guide on how to connect but I do not
get further than telnet connecting to the router.

Can some one please guide me through what I need to do to connect this
distro to the Internet.

I have looked at the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces files in
distros that work and made changes to these files in demudi but I still can
not access the internet from it. When I go to PPPoE setup it says that it
has found one device, eth1, and when I tell it to set it up it says that it
fails.

I have been struggling for some time on this now. I have googled and read
the demudi FAQ but just can not find anything that enables me to get this
distro to connect to the internet.

If someone can at least point me in the right direction that would be of
some help.

Many thanks.

Sent from the linux-audio-user forum at Nabble.com.