Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Rosegarden-user] Musix GNU+Linux 0.39 has been released!

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 23:06:14 EEST

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 10:57, Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Nigel Henry skrev:
> > On Monday 03 April 2006 13:17, Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> >> <snippissimo>

> >> Seems great! However I would absolutely love if I could use this
> >> packaged rosegarden on my ubuntu breezy! The one I have installed at the
> >> moment is from musix, but the lates at that repository is 1.0.1-1(which
> >> works great by the way.)
> >>
> >> Is 1.2.3 available as deb somewhere?
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Ketil
> >
> > Hi Ketil. I saw some links a couple of weeks ago on the Rosegarden list,
> > and I've just tracked them down, as I'd trashed the email somehow. These
> > are the URL's for /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > deb http://vireo.org/debian/rosegarden4/binary/
> > deb-src http://vireo.org/debian/rosegarden4/source/
>
> Thank you! Really kind!
>
> I tried to install it, but it had some dependences of kde stuff that I
> don't dare to bring into my breezy. Maybe it will work when Dapper comes
> out? Or is there a way to test this anyway?
>
> Best regards
> Ketil Thorgersen

Hi Ketil. I would not try to force the install. If it needs a later version of
kdelibs and it's not installed, Rosegarden4-1.2.3 is unlikely to work.

I've looked at some of my distro's, and Debian Sarge/Etch has KDE 3.5.1. At
the moment Rosegarden4-1.0.1.2+b1 is installed. Using the vireo.org URL in
the /etc/apt/sources.list the only things to be upgraded are:
jackd
libjack.100.0-0
libjack.100.0-dev

There don't seem to be any KDE dependency problems with KDE-3.5.1

Personally. I'd wait a bit, and see if Dapper has a more up to date version of
KDE.

All the best. Nigel.