Re: [linux-audio-user] 5.1 encoding...

From: Reuben Martin <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 18:50:23 EEST

If you're just looking to dump 6 audio streams into a wav file that's
easy enough to do. There are several apps that can do that, but I've
only used ReZound to do that. I'm not sure if there is a particular
channel order to get it mapped to specific speakers though.

If you're looking to encode to an AC3 stream there is AC3jack.

Ardour also supports multichannel tracks and busses.