Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] music engine

From: Dan Easley <daneasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 21:21:17 EEST

On 4/6/06, Steve McConville <mcconville.steve@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Have you already considered Csound5 (with the new API and python
> bindings)? And if so, what is it lacking for your needs? I'm genuinely
> interested in similar sorts of things. Also, is FreeWheeling the
> successor to Fluidsynth?

No, it's a live looping tool that can sample and repeat loops on the fly.

http://freewheeling.sourceforge.net/

It does have an interface for controlling fluidsynth built into it.

I think I'm more or less doing what Patrick wants by using
freewheeling in conjunction with jack-rack, qsampler, specimen, etc.,
but it sounds like he wants control over it all from one application,
or perhaps something scriptable, whereas i'm alt-tabbing like mad in
the middle of performance, and may actually be the human equivalent of
what he wants.

i'm imagining csound or pd to be the way to go.

--
daneasley@email-addr-hidden
dan@email-addr-hidden dan@email-addr-hidden