Re: [linux-audio-user] music engine

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 01:24:44 EEST

On 4/6/06, Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> >
> > Hi Patrick,
> > I've been down this rabbit hole 1000 times in the last 4-5 years.
> > There is nothing in the Linux-Audio world even remotely like Live or
> > Acid Pro in terms of handling the scaling of pitch and tempo across
> > all samples. I just updated to Acid Pro 6 this week for $99 since that
> > sort of stuff I do playing with Acid Pro is nearly impossible in any
> > Linux app I've found.
> >
> anyone try Freeycle? http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23494

I looked at it but since it advertizes itself as a beat slicer it
didn't seem to have the multitrack capabilities that are required to
put a whole song together.

I think th eunderlying technology could be helpful in getting to an
Acid Pro/Ableton Live/Fruity Loops type program. My sense is that this
question has been asked so many times that the real issue is finding a
developer passionate about it. There's no reason at all this couldn't
be done in Linux if someone wanted to make it happen.

Cheers,
Mark