Re: [linux-audio-user] In search of jack-enabled visualization app

From: carmen <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 04:01:06 EEST

On Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 07:26:58PM -0400, Ken Schutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to find something that can take arbitrary jack inputs and do
> some real-time visualization. Preferably, show some spectral analysis
> and can display full screen. I'm thinking of trying to put something
> together myself, but it would be very helpful to at least find something
> to look at for a place to start. Does something like this exist?

theres JAAA/JAPA and meterbridge. and dssi_scope. thats about it for jack native. you can of course build something.. heres a tk script that displays a scrolling full-color spectrogram (a la http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/gram.html ) http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/extensions/gui/ix/spectrum.wid?rev=1.1&view=markup

i think freqtweak might also have some kind of scrolling spectrum display..

chz...