[linux-audio-user] Tascam US122 MIDI Troubles

From: Dan Easley <daneasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 07:16:31 EEST

I've got a Tascam US122 that has worked fairly well out of the box
with a dell inspiron laptop running FC3/CCRMA.

MIDI did work but now doesn't. It shows up in QJackCtl's window, but
no MIDI signals are passed through; even more telling, the MIDI IN LED
on the unit doesn't light. I've tested the controller with a BCR2000
and it works fine; have also tried another controller with the Tascam.
 Again, the ports are apparently recognized by ALSA - in addition,
audio works fine. I'm guessing it's a hardware failure of the Tascam,
and I'll need to replace the unit, but I wanted to ask if you all can
think of anything else linux-related I'm not thinking of.

I don't think I've done any recent upgrades - if so, I did about a
month ago. I don't use MIDI with the machine much, but had been
planning to in the future.

Thanks!

--
daneasley@email-addr-hidden