Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: OSC service exploration/enumeration/discovery etc

From: Martin Habets <errandir_news@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 13:57:21 EEST

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:23:52AM +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> On 4/10/06, carmen <ix@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 12:55:36AM +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > Is there anything in the works about this or any progress happening
> > > about it? I'm keen on having something workable for browsing what
> > > things can be controlled in khagan. It would be a huge plus over midi
> > > if we could actually get this working.
> > >
> > > Loki
> >
> > what about libOSCQS
> >

> Looks like the tool for the job. It also makes me feel a lot better
> about how many people have downloaded khagan, that's been up since
> 2005-12-25 and only 2 downloads ;-) How come this has been explored at
> all yet? Lack of interest or what?

My hope is it's the trickle before the flood. If there are only a few
applications available supporting the OSCQS there can't be a lot of
interaction going on. I think that is one thing hampering adoption.
Some other people are just not interested in providing a query interface,
and rather promise good documentation.

When time allows I am currently working on a tool to find/display all ZeroConf
clients in a network, since I did not find a Linux version of that.
Anyone know of such a tool?
It would be great if someting could discover all audio-related clients in
a network, and then hook them all up somehow. I think a lot of utilities are
in place to do this, but no overall program. Or as I'd say: we have the
ingedients but still have to make the soup.

For libOSCQS, a 1.0 version is slowly progressing. 1.0 since it has some
API changes, nothing too dramatic.

--
Martin