Re: [linux-audio-user] hdd-recording

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 11:12:27 EEST

Bristol is not jack savvy at the moment, so it is not going to be that
simple. For historical/testing purposes you have the following 'hack'
available:

cd $BRISTOL/src/lib/libbristol
<BRISTOL is wherever you have installed the software>
vi Makefile
<Line 23 reads as follows>
FEATURES =-DNEW_DEBUG
<change it to>
FEATURES = -DNEW_DEBUG -DDUPLICATE

Save the file. Do a 'make clean', 'make install'.

Once you have done this the output from bristol is duplicated to a file
/tmp/bristol.raw. It is a copy of the whole audio stream in 16bit stereo
interleaved samples which could then be imported into whatever app you want.
This was implemented for testing purposes, and you would obviously be
advised to replace the resulting libraries with the original versions, or
compile again without this flag - this file is open/truncated when the audio
thread starts but will then grow reasonably fast.

I can make this into a runtime option reasonably easily, but it would be
better to have bristol integrate into jack or DSSI or similar. That is
'being worked on'. Ahem. I keep getting waylaid by other synth algorithms,
now including a couple of Korgs. If this is a useful feature I can formalise
it and reintegrate the WAV output formatting - the code is there, just not
used, but it could be done faster than you can say dissy.

Regards,

Nick