Re: bass punchiness [was Re: [linux-audio-user] I'm back with some music]

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 04:10:24 EEST

Loki Davison wrote:

> You really need at least blop, omins and cmt. Those 3 are needed to
> use the smack packages, and a few more are needed for most om
> examples. There is a list here http://atte.dk/om-wiki/GettingPlugins
> urpmi/apt-get/etc should make it pretty easy to grab all the packages.

Hi,

I installed those but the patches still wouldn't load. Apart from that I
have tried using om and I find that it is not as comfortable as ssm.
It's quite annoying managing all the different popup windows for sliders
and I miss the ability to move the canvas with grab and pull.

Your advice about the compressor with envelopes, etc is very useful. But
I'm still having trouble getting a sound to start and stop on cue. For
instance with the sample you provided notbigfish, how do you get the
sound so short and full sounding.

There must be a standard technique. What I need is a simple ascii
diagram of a typical chain.

Anyone feeling generous?

Cheers.

--