Re: [linux-audio-user] midi note numbers

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 00:08:34 EEST

M P Smoak wrote:

> Note that 1 2 3 ... in these names
> are arbitrarily assigned.

Since I was the original poster I'll speak up.

I know noone claimed otherwise, but my point was not so much (at least
after a few posts) "what's *the* name of midinote 60, but rather "what's
the *most common* (in computer world) name for midinote 60. I was
writing a program and might as well choose the most commenly known name
for notes rather that picking something out of the blue, which would
confuse more people...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte