[linux-audio-user] more on DVD and DVD audio

From: Aaron Trumm <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 07:58:12 EEST

ok boys and girls i'm back

here's a stupid question somebody may know about...

if i were, say, encoding some AC3 file with, say, ffmpeg tools - would i
start with a six channel wave file or something? and then what order are
the channels in? i assume the encoder is going to have a way it wants to do
that and if I have my center channel in what it thinks is right surround -
well that could be a problem, yeah?

my guess from the learning i've done so far is it goes:

1 - left
2 - right
3 - center
4 - sub