Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: Bristol 0.9.4

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 13:54:19 EEST

Thomas Kuther wrote:

>Hmm just tried 0.9.4-1.src.041906 compiled as you explained above, but i
>don't seem to be able to get it to use jack.
>i did:
>$ startBristol -b3 -jack &
>or -audio jack
>
>but it starts using alsa.
>Any hints? :)

I simply linked the directory at /usr/include/jack to
/usr/local/include/jack and Bristol compiled okay with JACK support.
When I start the synth I get entries in QJackCtl for audio and MIDI
connections. The synth works okay, crashes a lot though. Nick, I'll try
to get a verbose report to you within a day or so.

Thomas, try the link, see if that makes a difference when you compile.

Best,

dp