Re: [linux-audio-user] VST plugins on x86_64

From: Jerome Tuncer <columbiatwo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:14:37 EEST

I think the confusion is about:

- Making music with Open Sound System (

- Making music with Open source Software
( or other licenses that
provide openness)

They do look like the same when referred to as OSS but in reality,
they're not. Open sound System is _NOT_ free software
( as defined by any of the Gnu
licenses (which can be taken as good examples)... OSS/Free on the other
hand (the one version included in linux kernels) is.

Carmen: I think this is confusing as well (-;