Re: [linux-audio-user] Doing Drums

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 17:10:52 EEST

BJaY wrote:
> The problem with hydrogen is it can't use the wealth of drum samples out
> there in sf2 and gig. I need control over eq/level/reverb of each group when
> I mix. There was some talk a while back of a midi filter for alsa that might
> do this sort of thing. Does anyone known if it got written ? Does anyone
> known how chanllenging the ALSA midi API is ? Is this the sort of thing I
> could knock out in an afternoon or is it a project ?

If you're even remotely thinking of writing a new drum sequencer just so
you can use a couple of file formats please don't.

The Hydrogen code base is efficiently designed and the lead developers
are very receptive to patches so please invest your time and energy
there. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.