RE: [linux-audio-user] USX2Y rawusb revisited

From: Devin Venable <dvenable6@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 01:27:42 EEST

> "Did you set PREEMPT_RT=y (complete real-time) on your kernel
> > configuration? It seems not... otherwise you would see those IRQ threads
> > around."
> >
> > What can I do to verify the existence of the threads?

> here with kernel 2.6.15-rt22
> $ ps -A|grep IRQ
> answers
> 17 ? 00:00:00 IRQ 9
> 389 ? 00:00:00 IRQ 12

Nope. ps -A|grep IRQ returns nothing. Apparently I did miss the config
option. I just looked through the .config file I used and I could find
no PREEMPT_RT option.

These are the PREEMPT related values I can find in my .config.

# CONFIG_SCHED_SMT is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y

I've read several howtos on adding Ingo Molnar's RT patch. None that
I've read say anything about having to explicitly adding this option to
the config file. What did I miss?