Re: [linux-audio-user] serial Midi with Korg05r/w

From: <pr.pa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 15:31:03 EEST

Hello,
> OK, I am not familiar with this device. Is this essentially a soundcard or is
> it slightly different in some way?
No it isn't a Soundcard, it's a device connected to the serial port to
the computer, that convert midi data in sound.

The Soundmodul isn't listet in the Alsa Support List, but it's no soundcard.

> Weird.
Yes, and i can't find any reasons, or midi-data that "reset" the midiport.

in my /etc/modules i added only :
snd-serial-u16550 port=0x2f8 irq=3

it dosen't matter if i remove this line and do it manually :
setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none
modprobe snd-serial-u16550 port=0x2f8 irq=3

in both cases "aconnect -o" show me the port 20:0 for the snd-serial-u16550.

aplaymidi -p 20:0 song.mid
dosen't play anything ( it seems the soundmodul dosen't get any
midi-data, because the midi-data-LED dosen't blink )
a restart makes the LED blinking and i'm able to hear the music.

thanks,
Marian