Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi problems with Yamaha PSR-273

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 15:05:35 EEST

Esa Linna wrote:
> Esa Linna kirjoitti:
> >Clemens Ladisch kirjoitti:

> >>How is the PSR connected to the computer?
> >>Which of these ports are you using?
> >
> >I have tried to use it with 64: Audigy etc. and 65: Emu10k1

The external MIDI port is "Audigy".

> I have Audigy 2 ZS bulk soundcard, so I had to buy joystick/midi bracket
> to connect midi cable to my PC.

Please check that the MIDI port itself is correctly accessed by the
driver. If the cable doesn't allow connecting the output to the input,
you can connect the MIDI output and input pins (12 and 15) of the
gameport together with a wire:

  8 1
\ o o o o o o o o /
 \ o o o o o o o /