[linux-audio-user] linux software for audio re-mastering

From: Brian Redfern <brianwredfern@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 23:41:22 EEST

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone is using linux audio for re-mastering. My
old band back in the early 90s did some awsome stuff, but it was all
on crappy tapes, and I'd like to clean it up and put it out for free
on archive.org, but the "noise removal" plugin in audacity certainly
isn't up to snuff, it has too much "chipmonking" going on. My friend
told me about fft, where you same the tape hiss, and then use that to
remove hiss without "chipmonking", but he's using protools for that,
while I'm running only linux audio.