[linux-audio-user] rme hdsp latency and irq settings

From: Rich E <reakinator@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 13:08:40 EEST

I've been running a RME hdsp multiface2 with pci on the PlanetCCRMA
low latency kernel for a couple months now, and while it runs nice, I
can't get the latency in Pd below about 20ms. If I set anything
lower, there are dropouts. I've messed around with the Pd settings a
bit, but I haven't touched any system settings because I'm confused by
the stats of my soundcard. lspci -v tells me the hdsp card is on irq
187 and it has 255ms latency. According to all the documentation I
have seen (which is all at least a couple years old, most the time
around 2000), neither of these numbers should be possible. I think
the low latency kernel, with "realtime preemption patch by Ingo
Molnar", is messing with these, but I really don't know.

Does anyone know anything about what the hdsp's irq and latency
settings should be on a realtime linux system?

Thanks for all help,
Richie