Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi problems with Yamaha PSR-273

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 22:17:01 EEST

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 10:49, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Hi Esa. /sbin/lspci for my Audigy2 soundblaster shows amongst other
> > lines, one for the "gameport" on the card, as below.
> > Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy Midi/Game port (rev 04).
> > and my lsmod shows 2 lines referring to this.
> > emu10k1_gp 3584 0
> > gameport 4608 emu10k1_gp
> >
> > Neither of those shows up on your lsmod, so I presume that your card does
> > not have a gameport.
>
> These modules are for joysticks and have nothing to do with the MIDI
> pins of the gameport.
>
> > If you have a midi in connection, there is another module snd-mpu401. I
> > don't have a midi in, but this may be the module that needs to be loaded.
>
> The MPU-401 modules are not needed, the emu10k1 driver hat its own code
> for handling MIDI.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Hi Clemens. Thank you for putting me right on this. You say that the emu10k1
driver has its own code for handling MIDI. I presume, but correct me if I'm
wrong, that, that is using snd-seq-midi. I say this because if snd-seq-midi
is not loaded, you have no midi connections showing in Qjackctl's midi
connections.

Just out of interest. On FC3 my Qjackctl midi connections show.
62:Midi Through
64:Audigy MPU-401 (UART)
72:MK-225C USB MIDI keyboard

Now I don't have the backplate with the gameport on it with me, as its in the
UK, so I can't try it. The keyboard works fine on port 72. If I had the
keyboard plugged into the gameport, should it now show up on port 64? (It is
both midi and usb capable).

Of course. None of this helps Esa with his Yamaha PSR-273 midi problems. Any
ideas?

Thanks for all the support you give. Nigel.