Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering without mastering

From: luis jure <ljc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 03:29:21 EEST

el Wed, 3 May 2006 10:05:08 +0100
tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden> escribió:

> It is also an ideal of mine to go with first takes, the reality is
> usually the third, beyond that I would start questioning my approach.
> It's a good exercise to make a piece entirely on first takes, rough mix
> it minimally and have done with it. Of course you may not consider the
> results releasable unless your name is Mark Kramer. ;)

i have no idea who mark kramer might be (although i suspect saying this
will make people wonder what i'm doing on this list...), but the better part
of my cd collection was done just as you describe. and the results were
more than just releasable. but then again, in front of the microphones you
had people like sonny rollins and max roach, and behind the microphones
people like rudy van gelder...