[linux-audio-user] homemade music--notated score

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 09:43:33 EEST

Hello all--

Some time ago I mentioned a recording I made, playing one of my recent
piano compositions, "Arabesque 1"--

http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/steve-doonan_arabesque-1.ogg

I had begun to work on the notated score of the piece at that time,
using the excellent program LilyPond--

http://www.lilypond.org/

--but my work was delayed twice by encountering bugs or issues with the
program. The primary developer (Han-Wen Nienhuys) kindly fixed those two
bugs (and I donated some money--I enjoy helping to support free software
that I use and love to the extent my budget allows) and I was finally
able to complete the score. If anyone is interested, or curious to see
what the above audio file looks like on paper ;-), it's
here:

Arabesque 1
A4 paper size
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/scores__notation/pdf/paper_a4/stephen-doonan_arabesque-1_a4.pdf
US "letter" paper size
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/scores__notation/pdf/paper_letter/stephen-doonan_arabesque-1_letter.pdf

best wishes all,

Steve D

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer
don't think.  -Adolf Hitler