Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI tools in latest wine, success and ...

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 15:58:54 EEST

David Baron wrote:

>Question: The new setup dialog (run wine with no argument an click configure)
>apparently is not using the ~/.wine/config file. What does it use? I note
>provision for more than one sound "driver" in that dialog--right now I only
>have OSS (what I chose in ~/.wine/config because others did not work). So:
>
>Are all the sound libraries on winelib as they were or do I need to download
>separate alsa and jack, etc, packages to activate these options? (Using jack
>might solve the timing issues.)

Hi David:

  Lately I've been using the pre-packaged WINE system from Demudi/Debian
Etch. The configuration stuff is now done via the wineconf utility (or
winecfg, I don't remember and I'm away from the relevant machine). WINE
will cheerfully ignore any previous ~/.wine/config file.

  For Debian, I had to download the libwine-alsa and libwine-jack
packages before those choices appeared in the wineconf panel. I have not
severely tested the latest JACK support, I hope it's improving.

Best,

dp