Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering without mastering

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 18:42:08 EEST

On Saturday 06 May 2006 16:20, Folderol wrote:
> On Sat, 06 May 2006 09:54:23 -0400
>
> Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 13:29 +0100, James McDermott wrote:
> > > Did anyone ever hear of The Mark Kramer Band? - not sure if it's the
> > > same Mark Kramer or not - I had an ep by the band about 10 years ago,
> > > it was really great, in the style of Jeff Buckley but bluesier...
> > > there were tracks called Dust Bowl Rain and Wild Prairie Dog.
> > >
> > > No results from Google...
> >
> > I doubt it's the same Kramer - the Mark Kramer I know makes music that's
> > aggressively weird, too weird for my tastes. The closest thing to a
> > blues I heard them do was the country fried Bongwater cover of the 13th
> > Floor Elevators "Splash 1"
> >
> > Lee
>
> I remember Billy J Kramer but that was a loooong time ago, and very
> mainstream!

Hi Folderol. Me too, and still have Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, " Do you
want to know a secret" . Written by Lennon and Mc Cartney, but always thought
Billy J's version was better than the Beatles version.

And do you remember the Philip's 45 record player, that you could install in
your car? Just like a cd player, but you posted 45's in the slot.

Nigel.