Re: [linux-audio-user] The MySpace terms for content

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 08:48:51 EEST

On Sun May 7 2006 01:28, Lee A. Azzarello wrote:
> other local Brooklyn bands. Because of this license they can
> release the compilation album and sell it from a "sublicencee"
> company without notifying the bands who composed or performed
> the music. They own this product through and through. The
> bands might not be entitled to a percentage of the profit
> unless they or their laywers get involved. That's the point.

And what I'm saying is that I think they and their sublicencees
would have to only distribute said album through myspace.com in
order to satisfy the "on or through the Service" part of the
terms. But I guess it's ambiguous enough that it'd have to go
to court, and lord only knows they'll change it again before
that happens.

Rob