Re: [linux-audio-user] USB audio interface - Terratec Phase26 any good?

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 11:36:25 EEST

Hallo,
Lee A. Azzarello hat gesagt: // Lee A. Azzarello wrote:

> ----- Peter Clarke <pgclarke@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Dear all, So, it's time to give up on this and get me a USB audio
> > interface that WILL work. It looks like the Terratec Phase26
> > would do what I want quite nicely (except for those nasty RCA
> > connectors - too unreliable for my liking). Has anyone used this
> > successfully?
>
> I use an Emagic 2|6 with a Pentium 4 laptop for live performance. It
> works well with jack. I keep the latency at around 20ms because I
> don't need anything lower for my music.

I have the Terratec Phase26 and I know some other Linux users who have
it as well. It is fully supported and works very well. I used it in my
concert at the Linux Audio Conference. The hum that you can hear at
the end of the aiff-recording [1] is not the Terratec's fault, we had
some issues with another machine plugged into the same mixing desk
even with a DI-box, that may be what you hear there.

Some vendors carry a version of the Phase26-package without the
useless Windows software CD bundle. This version is even cheaper than
the full retail package - I paid 139 Euro - and a real steal.

[1] http://lad.linuxaudio.org/contrib/zkm_meeting_2006/linux_sound_night/LAC/LAC%2307.aif

Ciao