Re: [linux-audio-user] molnar patch

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 20:03:34 EEST

On 5/7/06, Dana Olson <dana@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Did you bother reading the rest of the stuff on my site? Or did you just
> stop reading once you got to the kernel part? The kernel is only one
> part of it, and even that is optional if you get acceptable performance
> without Ingo's patch.
>
> Here is a hint:
> http://www.ubuntustudio.com/wiki/index.php/Breezy:Studio_Preparation#Real-Time_Support

fyi, I've followed Dana's instructions more than once and found them
to be excellent. Just use a little common sense when following them
(there are newer versions of the kernel and the patch out) and you'll
be fine.

As Dana mentioned, there's a LOT more to getting realtime working than
just the kernel - be sure to read everything there.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com