Re: [linux-audio-user] Serial midi trouble

From: Gerrit Niestijl <gn@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 22:41:40 EEST

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 09:41:45AM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Gerrit Niestijl wrote:
> > Indeed, i discovered that my cmipci card has a game port that can be used
> > as midi port through a module parameter, just like the SB-Live. I even
> > have a suitable midi cable for it. First tests show that it works well.
> >
> > But i am considering bying a better midi interface though, with at least 2
> > in/out ports, so i can connect other equipment as well. It will have to be
> > a usb thing, because i am out of pci slots.
>
> There's no need to drop the gameport interface; USB interface have a
> slightly higher latency (about 1 ms more).
>
> > Any suggestions are welcome, by the way.
>
> http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/search_res.php?pattern=midi+interface

Thanks! Like usual i couldn't wait so i went ahead and bought the only
thing that was in stock in the local store, a 'Phonic midi hub', an USB
device with 2 ins and 2 outs and a 'thru' switch that is supposed to work
also when the device is not connected to a computer. It is not listed on
the site above but it does work OK. It shows itself as 'USB Device
0x170b:0x21'.

--
gerrit