Re: [linux-audio-user] segmentation fault using miniFMsynth test program

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 01:08:53 EEST

Hi!
  I'd first try running miniFmSynth in a debugger. gdb in the console or
something else in a gui. with gdb it would look like:
  bash-prompt:~ # gdb ./miniFmSynth [options you like]
gdb> run
[some error message]
gdb> traceback
  Not sure about the traceback command, but you could try help. It will tell
you, where it failed. If you can't understand this directly, someone else here
most certainly can.
  You could check your alsa-version should be >0.9.4
  You can try using aplay to play a sound (which is alsa-basic equipment) and
you could try some other midi-sequencer/synth to test midi/audio. Try
fluidsynth, ams, ZynAddSubFX or the like...
  HTH.
  Kindest regards
          Julien

--------