Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice on FC5

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 03:03:43 EEST

On 5/10/06, Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
<SNIP>

> What I'm wondering now is whether the stock kernel would have also
> been able to work acceptably, since it could also run in RT... Hmm,
> I'll have to go back and check that out.

<SNIP>

Tim,
   I run a stock Gentoo kernel at 64/2 with an HDSP 9652 on an AMD64
machine with no xruns. Most of my work is pretty lite these days -
much like you describe above. I don't have any problems.

   It doesn't hurt to give a stock kernel a try, but it's also pretty
easy to patch with Ingo's stuff so there's no real reason to avoid it
either.

Take care,
Mark