Re: [linux-audio-user] Fst and Wine problem

From: Tim Orford <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 12:59:45 EEST

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 04:45:46PM -0300, Juan Marcelo Rodr?guez wrote:
> $ fst Crystal.dll
> gui_thread_id = 10
> The program 'fst.exe.so' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
> (Details: serial 8753 error_code 174 request_code 152 minor_code 7)
> (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
> that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
> To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
> option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
> backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)

I've had similar wine problems this week on a new fedora 5 install
(unrelated to fst).

On some of my machines, Wine is just broken, while on others it
works great - no idea why. And i agree, it seems difficult to
find information on this.

Do you get these X errors running other apps under Wine?

> Any ideas are welcome. Also If it's OffTopic, I'm going to send this
> to the Wine list, but Imho it's more suitable to talk with people from
> this list about this.

Please keep us informed how you get on

--
Tim Orford