Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi and computer freezing

From: chris beagles <christhemonkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 22:02:51 EEST

On 5/13/06, Brian Dunn <job17and9@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> chris beagles wrote:

> >> I'm writing a HOWTO to address this. Please give it a read at
> >> http://www.hardbop200.com/howto-compiling-an-rt-kernel/ and let me
> >> know if this helps. I haven't conquered the config part yet, so it is
> >> still incomplete.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Josh Lawrence
> >> http://www.hardbop200.com
> >>
> > Ok i tried using aconnect with no X server running, but,
> > realised that i dont really have any command line midi clients.
> >
> > So i just used aplaymidi -p 64:0 and then had a look at it with
> > aconnect -o
> > And this gave me another hard frozen computer, and no errors displayed
> > onscreen.
> >
> > I shall try compiling my own kernel again at some point.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> Chris, what is your sound hardware? Do you have a joy/midi port you
> could use instead? Mine has worked perfectly on my SBLive Value emu10k1.

That is what i meant i was using : )

I have a Cmedia soundcard. (its cheap and naff but it gets the job done)

Oh and whilst im mailing the list, my kernel compiling fails everytime.
Complains about undefined symbols.

Ingos patch didnt apply very well.
Am i meant to use the latest version or subversion kernel from kernel.org?
(i mean like 2.6.16 or 2.6.16.16?)

Chris