[linux-audio-user] rt-sources and cpufreq; rt-sources and realtime-lsm

From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 01:21:35 EEST

I have just built a kernel from the rt-sources-2.6.16-rt21 ebuild from the
gentoo proaudio overlay. I used more or less the same config as I used for my
previous 2.6.15-gentoo kernel (with custom reiser4 and suspend2 patches),
except of course for the bits to do with preemption.

With the previous kernel, cpu frequency scaling worked (despite a message I
always got on boot telling me that it didn't). But with the new one it really
doesn't work.

Is this a know issue? I read one post from some other list suggesting that it
was an issue for much earlier versions of the 2.6 kernel, but I couldn't
really work out what was going on there.

Also, there was a thread on this list a little while back which said that the
realtime-lsm module is now deprecated. If this is so, what should I do
instead to get realtime rights for non-root users?

Many thanks
robert

--
Robert Persson