Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: OT: need a mixer

From: fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 01:49:40 EEST

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:48:57PM +0200, Carlo Capocasa wrote:

> Fons, just think out of the box and mix digital. It will save you
> thousands of dollars when you go ultra-high-end.

No problem, final mixes are always done using just Ardour, and I
have no intention to buy a 40 input external mixer...

But the one I do have is very useful, for the reasons I gave
in the previous post - flexible routing and monitoring while
recording. Also for simple but practical things like talkback.

And in many cases I do mix 'live' and just record the stereo
result. For some types of music that's the natural way to do
things - you don't want to fiddle with it afterwards.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano e' questo!